Friday, July 9, 2010

mamma MIAAAA

Hey lovelies,
first of all thank you to my newest followers (actually thanks to all of you twelve!) who have made my still-very-newborn foray into the Blog such a warm one. And so inspiring. Seriously you people...reading your wonderful writing, conflicted emotions, failures and successes is so inspiring.

Well after reading Dainty Zen's post on baby food (with another cute Abbey Lee eats pic!) I decided to forgo the awkward "Mom, can I buy these Gerber's for dinner?" grocery convo and make my own baby food. Ya! So I busted out ye olde Cuisinart and puréed:
--1 cup or so frozen peas sauteed for a few minutes beforehand with garlic
--handful of mint leaves
--garlic salt
--tomato juice (just a lil)
--black pepper
(this might be the spicy grownup version of baby food)

I ate a sh
it-ton though (no pun intended, actually I am still waiting for those results Zen so eloquently describes...!)
1/4 canteloupe for breakfast (50 cals)
2 small plum/berry/fiber one bites (150 cals)
1/4 cup homemade hummus (60 cals)
1 rice cake (50 cals)
so probs like 400 or 500 (rounding up)

dammmmn I feel so bloated. Hopin it is just the fiber y'all.





















piggin'


1 day until Chinese buffet.
I am so frightened. Does anyone have any buffet tips? I mean ok, I know intellectually the eat-1/3-of-everything rule, but anything affirmative would really help. I am hoping not to have to purge the prawns, dump the dim sum, chuck up the chow mein, et cetera.
Stay strong y'all.
My next post is going to be about fermented foods. They are so friggin good for you.
xxxooo Eva



1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm a new follower- I find with buffets, especially Chinese buffets, that if you eat really slowly, taking tiny bites, that that helps. Because portions are generally small, it's important to eat slowww (seriously, do it, I speak from experience). Also, using chopsticks is a bad idea, because it's easier to just stick the whole thing in your mouth... Hope I'm somewhat helpful.
    Okay, I'm off to read the rest of your blog now (:
    xx

    ReplyDelete